Successful Pilot Inspires 5-Year Partnership Between Bloomz and the Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics
by Horacio Ochoa, on Aug 22, 2017 4:47:49 PM
With funding from Cardinal Health Foundation, the parent-teacher communication app will provide free health and wellness content for parent and childcare centers
(Redmond, WA) August 22, 2017 – The award-winning parent and teacher communication mobile app Bloomz today announced an exclusive 5-year partnership with the Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics (Ohio AAP), with funding provided by Cardinal Health Foundation. Bloomz, the Ohio AAP, and Cardinal Health Foundation are focused on their commitment to educating parents and caregivers across the country regarding health, wellness, and safety towards young children.
In the first quarter of 2017, Bloomz and the Ohio AAP created a pilot program to test and learn, and the results of this pilot have been tremendous. The Ohio AAP was able to gather data from 77 unique childcare teachers and 186 unique parents.
Here are the top findings from the pilot:
- More than 93% of the caregivers who participated in the pilot stated that the information they received via Bloomz was perfectly matched, delivered, and personalized based on their needs.
- More than 87% of parents and caregivers surveyed after the pilot acknowledged engaging with the health content and finding it highly valuable for improving their children’s wellness
- Via pre- and post-survey data, the Ohio AAP saw more than 43% of families and caregivers make actual “behavioral changes,” at home or at childcare centers, in regards to their children’s wellness.
- The pilot saw parents who engaged with the Ohio AAP content, were 32% more likely to make behavioral changes at home, than those who did not engage with it.
“These kinds of changes affect individuals, families, and child care communities, helping to build resilient children. It's hard to measure that kind of impact!” said Dr. Judith T. Romano, MD, FAAP, Medical Director of the Ohio AAP's Child Care Good4Growth Program.
Bloomz, already a leader in parent-teacher communication in the K-12 space, has also upgraded its technology to cater to childcare centers. “In today's busy world, our goal is to make all parent and teacher communication easy, while delivering high-quality content and key features that create high engagement and parental connectivity,” said Chaks Appalabattula, the CEO of Bloomz.
During the exclusive 5-year partnership, the Ohio AAP, with funding provided by Cardinal Health Foundation, will share critical health and wellness topics including:
- Children’s health & wellness
- Constructive disciplining
- Screen-time management
- Physical activity
- Health & active growth
All this valuable content is free to parents and childcare centers.
"The Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics is excited to continue our work with Bloomz as a partner in sharing trusted health information and tips for families with young children in an electronic platform that is not only easy to use, but that also allows for two-way communication between families and child care centers,” said Melissa Wervey Arnold, the CEO of the Ohio AAP.
Bloomz is experiencing rapid growth thanks to its feature-rich platform that helps child care centers engage and inform parents. “We were truly excited to see the results from the Ohio pilot and the resulting 5-year exclusive partnership with the Ohio AAP, supported by Cardinal Health Foundation,” said Chaks Appalabattula, the CEO of Bloomz. “The data proves how valuable content, delivered in a seamless, accessible way, can have a strong impact in the way parents engage with their children’s development.”