Welcoming All Families into the School Community with the PTA
by Brianna Richard, on Jun 23, 2021 5:24:24 PM
Each year the PTA builds successful partnerships amongst families and schools. According to the National PTA, the foundation to this partnership begins with the National Standards for Family-School Partnerships and is made up of three steps:
- Bringing awareness to the value of involvement amongst families and communities
- Actively working to involve parents and the community through specific programs and practices
- Celebrating the success of increased involvement and the positive impact it has on school communities. (National Standards for Family-School Partnerships)
These steps help to successfully connect families and schools across the country. The first standard apart of the National Standards for family-school partnerships is all about welcoming families into the school community. It is imperative that all families feel included regardless of race, religion, or socioeconomic background. Connecting the school with all families and the greater community can be quite an undertaking. Luckily, technology like Bloomz can make it easier than ever.
Connecting families is all about engaging them and making them feel welcome enough to participate. This includes inviting families to school events and activities. Bloomz makes this process seamless and simple:
- The PTA, teachers, administrators, post announcements, school updates, and invitations to school events.
- Parents can use the Bloomz app or a web browser to access information.
- Parents can opt-in to receive updates directly to their phones and email so no information gets lost in the shuffle.
- Making families feel connected and included means not leaving any family behind.
- Bloomz has a translation feature that can automatically translate any post into 100+ different languages! This will ensure no family is left out and all feel welcomed, valued, and accepted.
The first step to making a difference in school communities is connection. That connection begins with communication. In the busy, digital, socially distanced world we live in the easiest way to connect our families, schools, and communities is through Bloomz.
Do you have any tips in connecting and welcoming families and achieving the first standard in the National Standards for Family-School Partnerships? Leave a comment below and let us know!
- National Standards for Family-School Partnerships. National PTA. (n.d.).
- Photo by Joshua Hoehne on Unsplash